Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 operating temps
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 18:01:56 -03-30

At 05:20 PM 11/8/2001, you wrote:
>Hmmm - not quite true Jo - my M6 has frozen solid several times before i
>have - i.e. you need a pipe wrench to focus the lens and an exposure at
>1/125 sec takes around 2 seconds!
>
>I note he brochure says tested to -20c. The above is from around -35c
>to -40c/f
>
>BTW my N***n F4 has carried on as long as I can last in those conditions
>(last year, shooting some of the breeding stock of  Eskimo Dogs out for a
>run....
>
>tim

I'm afraid I have to concur with my even more northern colleague.

More then once my M6's have seized solid in a "brisk"  North Atlantic
breeze in January.
Those pictures in the brochures of the Leica at the north pole must have
been taken with a Nikon :^)

Sadly, this seems to be the weakness of the M6.

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
http://www.greglocke.com
PictureDesk International .....news pictures ONLINE!
http://www.picturedesk.org  and http://www.newscom.com

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] M6 operating temps)