Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: M6 operating temps
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 20:15:43 -0700

> I've missed the beginning of this thread and maybe this has been covered
> already, but I seem to recall the owner's manual for my M6s talking about
> having the cameras winterized if they are to be used in especially cold
> conditions (probably in the -40º region).

People do - they replace all the regular lubricants with special low temp
ones (or no lubricant) - but it tends to screw up the camera for use in
normal temperatures. Olympus used to do it for Sir Chris Bonnington when he
used their nice/light cameras for his many Himalayan epics. But then they
donated the cameras anyway.

Tim