Subject: [Leica] FS Friday
From: "Kenneth T. Lassiter" <kenlass@gate.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 19:21:04 -0500

I have the following Leica R equipment for sale:

Leica RE Camera. SN 1789XXX (Germany) black with box, body cap,
strap, instruction book. Condition: Outside Excellent plus.
Only one small mark on the top plate from use.  Operations: no
known problems.  The viewfinder is very clean with a new
focusing screen.  Purchased new in 1991.  Price: US$425
including 2-day shipping to anywhere in the USA.  10-day return
privileges.

The RE is similar to the R5 except it has only three exposure
modes: Manual, Aperture Priority with center-weighted metering
and Aperture Priority with Spot Metering.  The built-in exposure
meter can be set to spot or center-weighted mode.  Shutter
speeds range from 1/2 to 1/2000 of a second.  Flash synch is at
1/100 sec or slower.  This camera works with all 3-cam Leica R
lenses including the newest ROM lenses.  There is a built-in
self-timer and depth of field preview lever.  TTL flash with SCA
300 capable system. The RE is very reliable camera that should
provide years of service in an R camera system.  A great camera
for travel photography with a zoom lens, for close-up
photography, or telephoto photography.

Reason for selling: Planning to move up to an R8.  I have an R7
as a first reflex camera now.  The RE is an excellent user
camera.  It is identical to an R5 except it does not have
shutter priority and program exposure control.  For years, this
was my only R camera and now it is my backup.  This is a camera
that provided outstanding service for a long time.

180mm Elmar-R f/4 SN 2935XXX (Germany) black, with both caps.
Condition: Excellent plus. Glass is very clean and there are no
marks on the black finish of the barrel.  One depth of field
line has two small spaces missing.  This is a handy, light and
compact lens for landscapes, street shooting and sports.  Reason
for selling: I never use this lens since I bought a 70-210 zoom
lens several years ago.  Price: US$475 including 2-day shipping
to anywhere in the USA.  10-day return privileges.

R Handgrip #14308 for R4-R5-RE Winder.  Condition: excellent
plus.  US$40 including shipping via Priority Mail in the USA

Please contact me via Email at kenlass@gate.net or by phone at
561-732-6104.

Ken Lassiter
Boynton Beach, Florida