Subject: RE: [Leica] Release from Kodak
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 06:54:17 -0800

Good information, but wrong conclusion.  When read carefully.....

1)   "The USPS is working with the mailing industry to develop
procedures..."  means we have proceedures that we are using.
2)  "Sanitization technology is currently being tested....."    means we
don't know yet or we have not done tests yet and analyezed the results
3)   " Therefore, based upon this statement and upon other information from
USPS shared with Kodak and the photo industry, it appears that current
photographic commerce in all its forms will be unaffected."  means bull
puckey.

This is basic propaganda.  What is stated is that the USPS has the equipment
and is using it.  It may ruin the contents of some types of electronic
memory ( disks?  tape?  ZIP Disks? Eprom?  E2Prom? static memory? memory
cards? :  All of which are known subjects of irradiation) and film.  They do
not know, or they do know and are spreading more "calming" words.

It means that you should not ship any film by USPS nor should you ship any
electronic equipment.

Calming?

.

Frank Filippone