Subject: Re: [Leica] WTB - I know, it is not a Friday..
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:21:07 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Well, I'll respond, not on Friday!!
In US dollars, we used to buy nice M2/M3 for $2-300, clean users,
I had MANY...this was from 1975-80 or so....
In the 80s, my wife bought a "beater" user for $275 (1987 or so...)
Now the same camera sells for $700 or so...
I sold a "parts" camera for $200 (truly a junker, incomplete RF) coupla
years back....Now if I still had it, I'd buy an RF and install it and have
a $900 camera (RF costs $550 or so...)

I guess the moral is that if a cheap bastard like ME  will put out $5-700
for another body I don't need, it ain't likely that there are ANY for
$300...MAYBE a beater CL with non-working meter, MAYBE...

Sorry to be so frank, but if there are any $300 M-whatever, intact and working somewhat,
with good RF, I'll be damned if I've seen them!

Can't we find this guy a beater and one of you "collectors" with two dozen camera
sell it to him for what you paid in 1977?....as I recall that this guy is an
avid photographer and has little money...Hell, If I had the one I sold for
"scrap" I might give it to him and let him find an RF.....

Good luck with your search,
Walt

0100 "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy"