Subject: Re: [Leica] WTB - I know, it is not a Friday..
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 01:02:03 -0500

> Can't we find this guy a beater and one of you "collectors" with two dozen
camera
> sell it to him for what you paid in 1977?....as I recall that this guy is an
> avid photographer and has little money...Hell, If I had the one I sold for
> "scrap" I might give it to him and let him find an RF.....
>
> Good luck with your search,
> Walt

Here is my experience with Stanislaw, about a year ago he put out a plea for
a cheap Leica, so big hearted me sent (gave) him TWO Leica 111Cs, a Summitar
50, 135mm Hecktor some film and several photo books. All this represented a
considerable amount of money worth of Leica stuff and just the Express mail
postage to Poland would have bought me a couple bricks of Ilford. And I felt
really good about helping somebody out who has a burning desire for
photography. Guess what--never even got an e-mail thank you. I don't know,
maybe that is the kind of manners a 24 year old kid in Poland has.

sl