Subject: [Leica] High altitude question
From: "Peter A. Klein" <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:08:22 -0800

Dare I even say the words "Ultra Violet Filter...?"

The blue cast is happening for the same reason you get sunburned at high
altitude. Thinner air, more UV.

The clear UV filter will filter out aerial haze and get rid of some of the
blue.  A skylight (1A) filter is a little pinkish, and will warm things up
a bit more.  If it were me, I'd use the 1A for shadow pictures, and the UV
for shots with distant views.  If you don't want to swap filters a lot,
just use one or the other, and tweak the color balance in your image editor.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA

Replies: Reply from "W Larsen" <wlarsen@almondmedia.com> (Re: [Leica] High altitude question)