Subject: Re: [Leica] How long will it take for Fim to Disappear
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:10:32 -0800

Steve,

A person could look at this 2 ways. How long will new fim be available? Or
how long will the fim I just developed today be around?

Knowing the answer to the latter is "a long time" I hope that's the same
answer to the first question.

I don't think film will disappear. I hear people equate film with LPs and
cassettes, but I don't think that's a valid comparison. Magazines didn't
disappear with the advent of television. I can see selection and
availability becoming more limited, perhaps. But disappearance?

The results of the survey you reference is going to be skewed if for no
other reason than it's being conducted on a digital medium. It's sort of
like sending a survey to BMW owners asking them what's the best brand of
automobile. Or asking a list of Leica users what's the best camera!

Dave