Subject: RE: [Leica] High altitude question, now prescanning
From: "Zeissler, Mitch" <mzeissle@gcipoa.gannett.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 08:54:35 -0500

Don...

I have the HP PhotoSmart S20xi film scanner.  The HP color controls [as
well as most of the other software controls] are close to being useless
in the prescan mode.  I have tried to use VueScan without much
improvement.  Since my scanner is beginning to fail [I have a horizontal
off-color band in all scans now; re-calibrating and other LUG
suggestions no longer fix the problem], I plan to replace it within the
next couple of months with a Nikon CoolScan 4000.

I don't do prints anymore either.  I use print film so I get wider
latitude for scanning purposes.

/Mitch