Subject: Re: [Leica] FB paper (newbie)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:57:51 -0800

stefano ravizza wrote:

> Dear Luggers, i would like to try to print some rare pictures with FB paper,
> is it really so hard?
> I remember of my mother using big books to keep the prints flat, i still
> have those pictures and the tone quality is still great.
> Is it too much to ask a little basic operation list and some tips?
> thanks in advance
> Stefano Ravizza

For decades I've sued placed window screen staple gunned to a frame of  3/4 inch molding.
Stack them up, they are dry the next day.

Put them under a board with a weight before they get too dry. I sandwich them
between two pieces of plywood and put a cobblestone on it. I used to use a
gallon of water as a weight. (in a jug)

Lay that stack on a clothes dryer to introduced a small amount of heat if they
are extra crispy crooked or are a big stack.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/