Subject: Re: [Leica] adapter ring:plot thickens
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:10:18 -0500

The M3 ring is for any lens 50mm down.  When it was made, 28 was as wide as
it got in Leica-dom and the M3 doesn't go any wider than 50.  M2 50 is
telling you what it would bring up on an M2 which is what the M6 finder is
based on.  So the adapter should be bringing up the 50mm frame on your
camera.

I don't believe Leica makes a 28-90 adapter but Stephen Gandy will sell you
a nice set of 3(non-Leica) that will bring up whatever you want.  In Leica,
you want a M3 90 which will bring up the 28mm frame on a M6.  I also
understand Leica re-issued screw to M rings but I didn't find it on their
site.  Friday comes soon now so maybe some of our dealer friends will offer
information.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from Ken Wilcox <klw.51@home.com> ([Leica] RE: adapter ring:plot thickens)