Subject: Re: [Leica] Paint Bubbling
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:18:51 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 16/11/01 06:27:10 Paris, Madrid, marc@attinasi.org a
écrit :

> I took my M6 out of the everready case tonight to load some film and to
>  my horror I found that the black paint around the edge of the film door
>  has bubbled up - it looks terrible!
>
>  Has anyone else ever seen this happen?
>  What have I done to cause this? Can it be that the everready case has
>  caused this somehow?
>
>  Thanks,
>  - marc

Yes it can . The other day one member of my photoclub brought in his FE2 Nikon
in a leather case ; sadly the camera was completely covered with mildew .
Leather attracts water .
The M6 Top is of chromed zinc and can easily get corroded in such conditions .
It is much better to leave it with no cover or something that breaths .

Jo Goodtimes , France