Subject: Re: [Leica] Sebastiao Salgado exhibition
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 11:55:14 EST

The print format for exhibition is normally totally the perogative of the photographer. I normally show 12" x 8" matted to 20" x 16" at exhibitions although I have occasionally shown 15" x 10" matted to 24" x 20". A lot depends on the venue where quite often prints too large cannot be viewed at a good distance. I have seen prints as small as 5" x 4" or smaller shown (I recently bought an exquisite 2.4" x 1.75" print) and as large as 6ft x 3ft at a Helmut Newton show. As for easels, 20" x 16" is about right.

Gerry
www.gwpics.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <rabiner2@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Sebastiao Salgado exhibition)