Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak Moment (millenium) - keeps going, and going, and going....
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 18 Nov 2001 07:05:15 -0800

On Sun, 18 November 2001, "Aram Langhans" wrote:

> Kodachrome.  I love it, but just to keep the LUG informed, I sent a mailer
> to NJ on October 29 and have yet to receive it.  I called on Wednesday
> (11/14) and was told it went out on Tuesday.  Still no slides.  I sent
> another one in on 11/5 and they received it on 11/9.  So I know the mail
> time to NJ from the west coast is not too bad.  I called again on Friday and
> the second roll was still being processed.  What's with that?  They said
> they have quite a backlog since 9/11.

Mine have also been extremely slow returning.  I expect them back in a MONTH.

> I have to hunt for a local camera store that will take my mailer.

My search has been fruitless.  Store gets billed anyway, something like that.

> I have heard that will cut down on the delivery time to NJ, and maybe speed up the
> processing.  Or switch to an E-6 film, but I got lots of K64 to shoot up and
> I already paid for all those mailers.

Northern California K14 processing is through the Hayward mini K-lab, which doesn't accept mailers.

My choice boils down to either using the mailers I bought very inexpensively, or pay twice as much for local processing and shooting lots less film.  For now I'm stockpiling exposed rolls of film until I have several, then FedEx-ing the lot with mailers to NJ.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe