Subject: [Leica] Re: STRAP SURVEY (prev Saturday "Pro Photo" Shopping)
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 12:16:03 -0800

At 10:40 AM 11/18/2001 -0800, Mark Rabiner wrote:

>My first two years of Leica years starting 1993 i had a wrist strap rigged up
>which screwed into the tripod screw.
>For awhile it was rigged up so it just went around my pinky!
>Stupid and weird as that might sound i hear there no small president for that.
>
>Mark Rabiner

Conversely, I watched Mark walk for four days, photographing everything
from a wedding, to hanging over the edge of a wharf photographing pelicans
and harbor seals, to wandering the streets, alleyways and byways, carrying
and using his Hasselblad the whole time... sans any sort of strap.

And he does it in a manner that exudes confidence. Truly, I watched with envy!

I am not that focused. Being so used to a strap, I would undoubtedly let go
of my camera thinking it was on a strap. I have reading glasses hanging via
a cord around my neck. I take my glasses off and simply let them fall to my
chest. Occasionally I will wear sunglasses or use a spare set of reading
glasses if my normally attached glasses are not where they should be
(around my neck.) Anyway, I drop both my sunglasses and my spare reading
glasses to the floor/ground/asphalt/cement... every time I wear them. I am
so used to just dropping my glasses to my chest, when I take off ANY
glasses, they fall. And if not attached... they hit near my feet.

This would (obviously) never do with my cameras. Therefore, I never use any
of my cameras sans strap. Neck strap.

Jim

Message from Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Saturday "Pro Photo" Shopping)
Message from "C.L.Zeni" <clzeni@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] STRAP SURVEY (prev Saturday "Pro Photo" Shopping))