Subject: [Leica] Motor M and a few random jottings
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 15:55:00 EST

I wanted to share a few experiences from today with you. I recently bought the new Motor M for my M6 and today i had the opportunity to use it for the first time. Let me explain that, for various reasons, the muse has not been with me lately and I have therefore not shot any personal work for a little while, but today was the babtism of my daughter and son-in-law as reborn Christians. Now I am not a religious person, and would not call myself a Christian, but this meant a lot to them and it was a very moving time. I have been working slowly on a project comparing the various religions and this also fitted in well with that.

Having gottten the permission of the pastor at their church (an Anglo-Indian Christian group) I went armed with the M6 and 50mm Summicron loaded with Fuji Neopan 1600. I found that I was able to shoot at about f2.8 and 1/60th. Suddenly the muse was with me again, and the motor proved to be a dream to use. For some reason it even seems to make the M6 easier to load with the base easier to reposition. I know I was doing good work (you know when it is right) and I am back on form. I am sat here with some cool jazz playing and writing this and all seems well in the world.

Maybe there is a God!

Gerry
www.gwpics.com