Subject: [Leica] Strapless survey?????
From: "Duane Birkey" <duanebirkey@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 22:04:23 -0500

UH.... How many bodies do you shoot with????

I normally shoot with at least two bodies, sometimes 3 with different lenses
and or film so I don't have to change lenses as often.... having straps
makes it easier to shoot and faster too in my opinion as I don't have to
stick my hand in the bag to get it out and I don't have to put one away...
(and if you have a strap, you can also put the camera in the bag on the
floor without bending over)

More importantly, it would seem to be a whole lot easier to change film and
lenses with the body on a strap....  and if you start to fall..... You don't
want a camera in your hand...

An even further benefit is that I've never dropped a body that had a strap
over my shoulder or around my neck....

Ted tells of a shoot where he had something like 7 M and R bodies with
lenses around his neck for a shoot.... But I'll let him give you the
specifics...

I wouldn't recommend going strapless unless the camera is mounted on a
tripod in a studio...... but if it makes you feel any better..... my lenses
do normally go capless : )

Duane

HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador