Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex SL light meter and shutter
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 20:37:05 -0500

Information from the CRIS website and email contact with them about two
months ago indicated that the CRIS adapter will not work with the Leicaflex
SL.  This came as both surprise and disappointment to me.  Doug, or anyone,
do you have experience to the contrary?

Also, when I got my used SL over a year ago, the meter was erratic.  Sherry
Krauter found the cell had gone bad.  It was one of the older SL type cells.
She replaced it with the newer design cell.  She said she could calibrate
the meter for the silver oxide batteries, but since I had a small stash of
the mercuries, we elected not to do that.  She also replaced the older red
plastic lens mount release with the newer metal one, and replaced the
plastic parts on the takeup spool with metal.  All in all, she returned a
*very* nice camera to me.

Julian