Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex SL light meter and shutter
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:34:22 +0100

Dragi,

To Doug's reply I will just add that the SL is a joy to use and has the best
viewfinder of any SLR I have ever held in my hands (this includes the R8). As
for the battery question, the CRIS adapter works, or you can have the meter
recalibrated, or you can look for the mercury batteries (PX625s). Here in Europe
I sometimes get lucky and find the original Varta ones, or you can buy Chinese
versions, I believe there are some web sites selling them.

You did not mention the price being asked for the SL. They should be cheap. I
paid the equivalent of $400 for mine, including a 50mm Summicron lens. That was
an extremely good deal from a friendly dealer who had had it sitting unsold for
6 months, but still you should not have to pay much more than $250-300,
especially if the meter is iffy.

Nathan