Subject: Re: [Leica] Not a good week
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:02:42 +0300

David,
somehow I don't like Delta films. Early emulsion versions were lemons
outright, and I haven't come to love the new versions. But in your case I'd
suggest you to switch lenses for covering the sports theme - you seem to get
too much unnecessary detail that requires attention, and it's too easy for
the viewer to miss your point (or maybe you're not near enough to your
subject).

Yours
Martin

When my plus-x ran out I decided to switch to Delta 100 (a friend told me
to).  I have developed 5 or 6 rolls now and still am not getting what I
want.  I have tried the 1:3 dilution for 15-12 minutes and the 1:1 for 8:10
minutes ARRRGGG. Nothing is coming out right.  So I come to you in
grief.  I have heard the praises of Delta 100 but am starting to hate it
myself.  I posted a few scans so that you can see what it is coming out
as.  They scanned contrastier than the originals (and look better that way)
but If you could point out to me what might be wrong(I can not seem to see
it for myself right now).
http://www.geocities.com/david_degner/gallery/bad_1.html

I did have one bright spot.  After a week of shooting color for
school(waiting for my Delta 100 to come in).  I got back many good
photos.  The one that I like the most though follows.  It looks almost
posed, but actually the boy had been talking to a friend and then the
friend had to go home, so he was just standing there.  In the original the
bars are grey with detail instead of black and his hair is detailed(what's
wrong with my
scanner).  http://www.geocities.com/david_degner/gallery/good_1.html .

Tommorrow must be a better day.
David Degner