Subject: [Leica] Re: minimize the expense
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:32:24 -0600

> From Rolfe Tessem

> Minimize the expense? Did you say minimize the expense?
>
> Good god man, don't you know this is the Leica list? :-).

I know you are joking, about that,  and Leica stuff is pricey, but the point can be
made that this gear, if used for the lifetime designed into it will be far less
expensive to use than most of the competition.

My 30 year old CL, twenty-something R3 and ten year old M6 are examples of gear that
is getting amortised.  My newest lens dates from the early eighties.  Most of this
stuff I bought second hand, and on a University staffer's income, even that was a
reach; but I can look forward to minimising the expense of equipment, and go spend
all my free money on film!

Regards,

Sonny

Replies: Reply from "W Larsen" <wlarsen@almondmedia.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: minimize the expense)