Subject: RE: [Leica] Full sheet( 8 1/2x11) scanners
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:27:32 -0500

Hi Frank,

Most of them I have seen have the transparency adapter, but you could buy it
without one.  I found an extra transparency adapter, new, on eBay, for $25
or something like that.  Bought it as a spare, just in case...

Backlight is located in the lid.

They are available every now and then on eBay.  I paid $1000 for mine a year
or so ago (as new, from eBay), with transparency adapter etc.  I also got an
automatic document feeder and Adobe Capture OCR software for peanuts (it was
new, BTW)...and it works great!  I have seen them go for around $600 or even
less.

All in all, it's a great scanner for what I use it for.

Regards,

Austin