Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: SL plus lens
From: Montello62@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:27:24 EST

I did the same test, but I scanned the images and enlarged to 20 something by
30 something inches and that's where the Rollei loses. In fine detail
resolution, that is.

Mike

In a message dated 11/20/01 6:18:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, wvl@infinex.com
writes:

<< About a month ago I looked at an SL in a local shop. The price was $500
with
 50/Summi. I had a Rollei 35S in my pocket with half a roll of Provia 100
 left so I shot a few test subjects,  rewound it and loaded the SL. I shot
 the same test subjects with the 50 and with a 35/2.8 Elmarit.A range of
 f-stops was used. On getting the film developed in an unmounted strip I
 discovered the Rollei 35S 40mm Sonnar was superior to either Leitz lens
 under a good loup. In particular,  the contrast was much greater. 'Darn good
 little camera...

 Bill Lawlor >>