Subject: Re: [Leica] Acros Development Time/Process
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:40:48 -0800

I cant see how these people expect you to remember which film you prewet and
which you don't.
I prewet the hell out of everything. It's mindless.
And i don't get excited if my times don't match up with Kodak or the megalomania
developing sheet, or Ilford or www.darkroomemailpal.com
Any number they give you or you get from ANYBODY it just a starting time.
I look at my negs and know what to do next time for sure.
I simply get gremlins when i don't presoak. They always come at the worst times
on the film i really value.
But never when i prewet. So presoaking is a no brainer for me.

I load the film.
turn on the lights.
fill up the tank with water
go get my xtol, mix it up.

I've not gotten one darkroom gremlin in neg developing since i starting
prewetting and two bath fixing!
It has made running my negs almost stress free.

If i was running black and white roll film in a Jobo I'd NOT prewet for a couple
of minutes like i do with my metal tanks. I'd prewet for an even TEN MINUTES.
	To help off set the unpleasant side effects of continuous agitation.
		Which can include drowsiness, nausea and increased frequency of pre wetting.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Acros Development Time/Process)