Subject: Re: [Leica] 1.25x magnifier
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:16:14 -0500

I just tried out the magnifier, and I find that I don't think it suits my
shooting style.   The dealer only had an .85x M6 to try it out on and I
found on at least that camera that the 50mm frame lines were too difficult
to see, worse even than the problem with seeing the 35mm frames in the .85
M6 without the eyepeice magnifier in place.

But worse than that, for me anyways, is that I tend to rest the upper part
of the rear of the camera body against my forehead as a means to keep the
camera steady when I shoot, but the eyepiece seems to make that impossible,
sticking in my eye when I tried shooting normally.

It did have a certain cute elegance about it and it appeared to be
optically first rate, but at $375 CDN list, it should.   When I suggested
to the salesman that at $150 I might consider it, he reminded me that even
for $150, the eyepeice would still stick in my eye.

dan c.