Subject: [Leica] Another Kodachrome question - how much longer?
From: "Aram Langhans" <alanghans@komoto.naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 06:43:33 -0800

First, Happy Turkey Day to all those USA people out there.

There have been comments inbedded in various Kodachrome threads about the
possiblity of Kodak wanting out of the Kodachrome business all together.  I
just had a thought on that possibility.  (scary - a teacher thinking on his
day off).
The last batch of mailers I purchased had an expiration date on them.  I
admit it had been years since I had bought mailers, so maybe this has been
going on for quite some time.  But my expiration date says 07/31/03.  Does
anyone have a later expiration date?  If not, maybe this is the date when
they get out of the developing business for slides.  I know the E6 stuff
works with these mailers, too, but E6 processing is everywhere.

Just a curoius thougth.  Probably way off base.

And just in case anyone out there is keeping score - 3 1/2 weeks and still
no slides back.  1 1/2 weeks since they told me they shipped them.  They
should be really decontaminated by the time I get them.

Aram

This message is made of 100% recycled electrons.  No new atoms were
destroyed in making it.

Aram Langhans
Science Teacher, Naches High School
P. O. Box 159/101 W. 5th. St.