Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux - 1st impressions
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:49:08 -0800

I always use a tripod when I shoot my neutral gray card with a Summilux.
This allows me to use at f6.3 at 1/218th  second, the optimum
non-light-falling-off aperture and the ideal shutter speed to avoid motion
blur. (Nothing worse than a blurry, dark cornered neutral gray card shot).

Ever wonder why Leica offers a Summilux M? I know why! Because its heresy
to use a tripod with a Noctilux. Plus, it's so massive and heavy even the
stoutest Arca ball-head equiped Gitzo can't keep it from toppling
foward.  Therefore, it must be hand held.

Dave