Subject: Re: [Leica] Giuliani R7 Tower photo
From: "Harold Gess" <Harold.Gess@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 09:50:50 -0000

With respect, I would have to say that Giuliani's photo of the WTC is very
poor. Had it been taken by anybody else it would probably have been thrown
in file 13. I don't think he needed a Leica to take it!

Harold

 MAYOR'S LEICA R7 IMAGE 'IMMORTALISES' WTC

A photograph of the World Trade Center's twin towers taken on a Leica R7 by
New
York's mayor Rudy Giuliani in 1997 is being sold on the Internet to raise
money
for victims and families of September's terrorist atrocity. 'New York Twins'
was
one of a series of images captured by Mayor Giuliani using a Leica R7. Leica
had
originally intended for the print to be one of a series of 20 duplicates,
but
Leica decided not to go ahead with the full set following the 11 September
attacks. Instead, it decided on a one-off 20x24in signed and framed print,
which
has been posted on the eBay website as part of the 'Auction for America:
$100
Million in 100 Days'.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA