Subject: RE: [Leica] Non-Leica lenses for available light
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 22:22:13 +0100

<Famous!? "famous SLR available light lenses such as the Canon
55F1.2L/Aspheric,
<50F1.2L and 85F1.2L lenses, the Nikon 58F1.2 Noct and 85F1.4"
<I'm not sure how "famous" fits in here i dont think it does. You want
famous
<glass. You are on the right list.

Mark

I don't find inappropiate to check if someone has compared some of the above
mentioned lenses with the Noctilux. In any case is quite on topic. By the
way I did and I have found that Noctilux is better than Nikkor but not so
far. But I am not a man with tendency to the enthusiasm not even with Leica,
probably the best lens maker. And the lenses mentioned are famous, at least
among the user of respective brands and these users deserve our respect in
this list and in "every" list.

Kind regards

Félix

PD: I see that in the above message it is not mentioned the Canon EF 50 1:1L
the only true competitor of the Noctilux. I could not yet to put my hand on
this beast but in the future...