Subject: [Leica] barcelona leica theft
From: "kyle cassidy" <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 10:21:11 -0800

hey kids -- on our way back linda and i spent some glorious hours in
heathrow airport drinking up the sounds of people speaking english (even if
they had outrageous accents and we could only understand about 40% of what
they were saying to us) and reading newspapers and drinking tea -- i
perchanced to recognize a retired, though at one time not un-fameous woman
photojournalist (most well known for her work in afghanistan in the 70's and
80's i'd say) and went over and introduced myself. she was heading back to
the states from italy and mentioned that her leica was stolen the night
before in barcelona. she said it had happened before there and they usually
turned up in the local camera shops in the next day or so and she'd just
gone previously and bought them back but her schedule didn't allow it today.
i mentioned that there might be LUGgers in barcelona who could check, with
which she was quite pleased. she hasn't gotten back to me with the serial
number yet but i thought i'd just drop a quick note out to any luggers who
may be visiting barcelona camera shops in the next day or so, it's a 1954
leica m3, converted to SS, also stolen was a gossen luna pro. she didn't
mention any lenses, but i expect she'll phone tomorrow with more
particulars. i'll also add it to the stolen leica serial number list when i
get it.

thanks for your vigilance,

kyle