Subject: Re: [Leica] OT:Photo grad school.
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 12:16:46 -0800

My goodness Mark, how about encouraging people to follow their dreams!
There's nothing wrong with setting goals and accomplishing them, academic
or otherwise.

As far as there not being any money in photography, over the past two
months I've met a half dozen photographers who make extremely  good
incomes. I know one photographer who just additional credentials and
increased fees substantially; a portrait photographer who already averages
around $4K net per client. Further, credentials can create opportunities on
the lecture and training circuit down the road. And what's wrong with
teaching others?

Portfolios are important, but so are credentials in this day and age...as
are awards... I know photographers who do photography as a hobby. Their
real job is marketing and promoting their photography business.

Dave

Message from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] OT:Photo grad school.)