Subject: [Leica] APO vs Elmarit vs Summicron??
From: "Larry Fuller" <merryandbo@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:16:07 -0800

   Trying to distinguish between different lenses on ebay can be
confusing. What's the difference between Elmarit and APO in the 180mm
range?
   What's the difference between Elmarit and Summicron in the 90mm
range?
   What does ROM mean?
   If I'm using an R3, does ROM mean anything or is it something for
newer cameras?
   Does it make a difference whether I get a 2x extender with APO or
not? Does an APO extender only benefit by using APO lenses?  I would not
like to pay more for something that won't even benefit me. Thanks for
any help.

Bo Fuller

Replies: Reply from "David Burdoin" <herzilein@clear.lakes.com> (Re: [Leica] APO vs Elmarit vs Summicron??)