Subject: [Leica] RE: OT Ebony
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:35:05 -0800

> At 10:14 AM 11/28/2001 -0700, Tim Atherton wrote:
>
>All those choices to make... The still great metal Linhof (Luggish and
 >German of course), Nice lightweight modern looking Canhams or Phillips -
 >Aircraft aluminium etc, the beautiful and swooned over, incredibly rigid,
 >pass it down to your kids Japanese Ebony cameras... Marvellous shiny
 >Gandolfis made in the English countryside (just had fun visiting them)...
 >the list goes on!
 >
 >Tim

In photography (and other endeavors) "it's what's up front that counts". I
will add that what is behind is also important.

The choice of camera therefore is largely dependent on the amenities and
ease of operation more than quality of construction and materials used.
A good photographer can create a masterpiece even with a cardboard box
between a good lens and good film.

But we are attracted and gratified by aesthetics as well as convenience. I
think that camera manufacturers are on to us.

Joe

Message from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] RE: OT Ebony)