Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: DR-SUMMICRON - with strange aperture scale
From: Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:29:57 -0800

 And the focussing mount
> was also changed. The first series has the grooves that are cut into the
> focussing ring on the outer raised surfaces of the ring; with the later
> lenses, the grooves are cut into the indented scallops of the ring. I'm not
> sure that the changes took place simultaneously not what were the serial
> numbers at which changes occurred.

This is the one thing that drives me crazy about the DR. I've only had
one for a week,
and shot a few rolls with it, in both range modes, and think it's the
greatest thing
since sliced bread. EXCEPT that when you put the round vented hood on it
you have a
real hard time grabbing the aperature ring. At least I do with my meat
cleavers.

feli