Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: DR-SUMMICRON - with strange aperture scale
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 21:45:25 EST

Feliciano:

You ain't the only one. You have hit on the one knock I have on the DR. It's
why I have both a DR and a Rigid: the identical lens, but because with the
Rigid, thee is more space between the focussing and aperture rings, meat
cleaver fingers can get in there, with the 12585 lens shade attached, and
change aperture. With the DR, it's harder.

It seems to me there are but three solutions: put your meat cleavers on a
diet, get a Rigid for when you know you won't need the close-up function or
suffer.

Best,        Seth          LaK 9

Replies: Reply from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: DR-SUMMICRON - with strange aperture scale)