Subject: Re: [Leica] piezo plunge OT
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 22:14:31 -0500

At 08:35 PM 11/28/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Julien,
>
>I have been selling the Nikon LS-4000 with Jon Cone's piezo kits for the 1280
>as the ultimate 35mm Piezo start up set.

Rich -

I agree totally with the choice of the Nikon LS-4000 and
Piezography.  Nothing is better for getting everything out of every
negative and printing it with carbon pigment on beautiful papers.   I don't
understand why anyone would go with a smaller printer like the 1280 and put
up with the potential problems of CIS when you can get a refurbished 3000
with huge ink cartridges that last forever and the ability to print larger
prints on thicker papers.

Some 3000's had a banding problem which was fixed with the latest driver
from Jon Cone.  My two refurbished 3000's and many more have never had any
problems of any kind - no clogs, no banding, no CIS, and inks that last
forever.

Your ultimate start up set is almost perfect.  You just need to include the
3000 as the ultimate printer.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com