Subject: Re: [Leica] Critical discourse on photography
From: ternahan <ternahan@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 00:18:59 -0800

 critique would undermine my sophomoric moniker, and would
> far exceeds the list's playful and irreverent banter. I'm quite
> comfortable here, on the jungle floor, screeching and tossing leaves
> over my head.

Well said!!

Did anyone read the times story about Thomas Eakins (and Vermeer, etc) using
the camera obscura and the camera lucida..projecting the image onto the
canvas and, yes, tracing....then great paintings result. (Hockney has a new
book on this)
A camera can be a tool, a piece of art in and of itself... and of course
photography can be technical, documentary and/or art or humor or porn
or...ad infinitum.
No limits!!! so keep up the banter.

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> ([Leica] Vermeer's Camear [was: Critical discourse on photography])