Subject: [Leica] 400mm f/6.8 Macro-Telyt-R
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 29 Nov 2001 07:49:45 -0800

Given enough extension tubes, my fav lens can be used for macro stuff:

Keep in mind this is a CRAPPY scan made with a scanner that does a poor job with Kodachrome.  The chrome has lots more shadow detail with a delightfully crisp flower.  The bug is a bit soft, probably from the vibration of its wings.

I used 2 of the 14182 extension tubes made for this lens (thanks Chris) and had the lens on its shoulder stock, with the shoulder stock on a monopod.  I find the combination of the shoulder stock and monopod gives me excellent stability and reasonable mobility.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe