Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: DR-SUMMICRON - with strange aperture scale
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:05:44 -0800

Feli,

I have another hood for a 50mm lens. It's not the 12524, but an older type.
It's just a Plain Jane hood. No vents. You might find it easier to use.
I've never tried it on the DR. I think it came on a 35/3.5 Summaron that I
owned years ago. But it's engraved "Summaron 3.5cm / Summicron 5.0cm" so
I'm sure it'll work on the 50 DR. Not sure it's reversable on that lens,
though. Take a look at http://www.lightcurves.com/leica/image12.htm

I forgot that I even had it. I was actually going to put it up for sale on
the LUG tomorrow. If you want I can mail it to you. Keep the one that works
best and mail back the other. Let me know. I'd be glad to send it.

Dave