Subject: [Leica] 400mm f/6.8 -Telyt-R
From: "James Mason, Arctic Sounder" <sounder@otz.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 19:08:13 -0900

David Douglas Duncan did a book which I think was called "Portrait
USA" for which he shot most of the photos with the 400 6.8. He went
to the national political conventions, either in 68 or 72. He shot
only Tri-x, and there is one page on which he talks about the 400
Telyt and how it is unusual that a piece of equipment can be credited
with really making a difference in a photographers work.

I have hand held the 560 at a 15th with good results...not every
time, but some of the time. I never have figured out why, because I
sure can't do that with any other lens. Also, the Telyts are
optically way beyond any other lens I've ever used of that focal
length.  They are slow, but you usually need the depth of field
anyway.

James Mason

Message from "David Kieltyka" <dkieltyka@csi.com> (Re: [Leica] 400mm f/6.8 Macro-Telyt-R)
Message from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] 400mm f/6.8 Macro-Telyt-R)