Subject: Re: [Leica] varia
From: a silly man who needs a shave and wears a fur coat <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 22:51:26 -0600

dondory:

> So, work like crazy over the Christmas break and buy yourself an M6 of
> Hexar
> if you want a motor and AE.  Better yet, work really hard and buy the
> wide
> angle you've been lusting after.  Don't go for the 15, go for the 24 or
> 21
> ASPH, either of those are more useful more of the time than a 15 which
> takes
> special circumstances to effectively use.

dude, i was getting myself all psyched up to get one them there
voigtlander 12mm super-fun-fun lenses, and you have to go and throw
common sense in my face.

i got a chance to borrow a 21mm a few weeks ago, and had great fun.  i
was shooting my niece's six-year-old birthday party, and i kept
forgetting to focus, with the two viewfinders and all.  luckily there's
so much DOF i missed only a few shots.

today i used my new SF-20 at my own wedding.  we'll see how that turns
out.

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] varia)