Subject: [Leica] OT: quadtones rule!
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 05:22:55 -0600

I'm going to assume that I'm not the very last LUGger to get a scanner and
printer.  (Big assumption, I know.)  For everybody who already thinks this
is pretty obvious, go ahead and ignore the rest.  :)

I was talking with Mr. Split Printer (or is that Split Personality?)
himself, Mark Rabiner, who told me I shouldn't be printing black & white
images with black ink.  Whoudda thunk I'd get better B&W prints by using 3
colors + black?  Wet or dry (split printing conventionally or
inkjetting)...with his advice, my prints just keep looking better and
better!

I've also discovered the evils of having other people process your film.
The tiny scratches didn't show up as much when I was printing my negs in the
darkroom, but they *really* show up scanned at 4000 dpi.

I've also discovered that autofocusing on a baby's eyes with a 35mm lens
isn't the same as manually focusing with my M6 and a 35mm lens.  The
difference doesn't show up that much in a print when viewed from a normal
distance, but the difference blown up is pretty astounding.

Eric

Replies: Reply from "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: quadtones rule!)