Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: loading 120 film
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 12:25:54 -0800

In reference to cutting film to make for loading easier:

I've run so many thousand of rolls of film in 35 years. Early on i took to the
philosophy of only using scissors when i really need them. Especially in the
dark. I may have picked that trick up at a black and white custom printing lab i
once worked at
I learned to tear my film straight across.
I don't know loading 16 rolls of film takes a long time.
I often do this with two 2 liter tanks which hold 8 35mm reels each
reaching for sizzlers 16 times adds a bit of time to the while lights off deal.

I say try to learn to pass on it.

In may day metal reels were what the big boys used.
Somebody in the class who appeared to be extremely "challenged" would be allowed
to forego metal and fool around with plastic. They'd never be a photographer
someday anyway.
Jobo has changed all that perhaps. But if i ever went Jobo I'd stick to metal.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com