Subject: [Leica] George Lottermoser and Reels
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 18:33:52 -0500

At 05:03 PM 12/2/01 -0600, George Lottermoser wrote:
>I'm sure, based on the reports from the LUG, the Hewes reels are
>top shelf. But a lot of fine, serviceable SS reels have been
>manufactured over the years.

Nikkor is another fine brand.  I've bounced many reels over the years --
these guys get slippery when wet.  But, of those in production today, only
Hewes will hold up to dropping.  They are better even than Nikkor and, of
course, Nikkor are no longer available.

This is not an issue of "hackles":  it is an issue of frustration in the
dark room.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!