Subject: Re: [Leica] opinions on 0.58 and 1.25x?
From: Paul Chefurka <paul@chefurka.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 21:18:40 -0500

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 17:35:24 -0800, "keith cheung"
<keith_cheung@cogentchipware.com> wrote:

>My curiosity is - is there anyone who has a 0.58 viewfinder and the 1.25x
>magnifier combo and what do you think about the usability? especially if I
>decide in the future I want a 75mm f:1.4 or even a 90mm?

A lot will depend on the viewfinder standoff your glasses force on you.
With my glasses, the corners of the 50mm frame on the .58/1.25 combo go out
a bit past the edges of the visible space.  This means that the 75 and 90
frames are perfectly visible.  If your use of long lenses will be an
occasional thing, I think that combination should do the trick.

I'm a major fan of the .58 for the 28/35/50 range, and the advantages it
has in this area would outweigh the complications of occasionally using the
magnifier.

Paul
http://www.chefurka.com