Subject: Re: [Leica] 400mm 2.8
From: "michael grady" <michaelgrady@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 22:04:46 -0500

Doug,

I've actually been perusing your web site for the past few days.  A real
inspiration!

You have posted a number of shots with the 400mm 6.3 telyt.  That just seems
slow to me.  Understand that I'm a ob doc, not a photographer by trade, so
I'm  interested in learning.

I've had the 280 2.8 for a few years and I diligently use it on a tripod.  I
also have the 1.4 and 2 x teleconverters and use them with the 280.
However, I do notice a little softness when I add a teleconverter.  That's
why I was thinking of a 400.  Am I thinking up the wrong tree?

Regarding the question of sting like a bee vs firepower.  I love being out
in the field in the morning with a big lens and a tripod.  But I'm not
married to the idea.  I prefer great pictures over great equipment.

Feedback?

thanks,
michael