Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 48 - what a real bookshop looks like
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 14:24:15 -0800

well said Paul,

on the other side it should be added that the classical architectural image
is not the way we see nor the way feel our lives.
tilting or not adds some other stuff we want to emphasize or not.
since Nathan was not intended to cover an assignment for any Design mag but
trying to get THE picture, I mean to take the bookstore atmosphere, shelves
could be leaning wherever you want depending on the tilting and/or the angle
of vision delivered by the lens.
And I'm sure he got it as he felt in there, very interesting place, warm
atmosphere. A really candid shot shot from a candid bookstore. Genuflection
would make that photo as much better as less vivid, less interesting.
Some rules are there to be broken, at least once in a while and Nathan's
bookshop photos should fit there.

regards

- --
Pablo Kolodny