Subject: [Leica] FS: Retina IIIS Outfit
From: "Jim Shulman" <garcia@chesco.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 23:28:39 -0500

I'm going almost all-Leica these days, and realize that it's time to clean
out my camera closet.  Thus, I'm selling the following equipment:
 Kodak Retina IIIS rangefinder camera with large complement of lenses.  This
includes virtually ALL of the lenses Schneider made for this system,
including the 28/4, 35/2.8, 50/2.8, 85/4, 135/4 AND the 200/4.8.  The only
one missing would be the 50/1.9, which turns up often at camera shows and
The Unmentionable Auction Web Service.  Note that this unusual lens system
was designed to operate on both the Retina IIIS rangefinder camera AND the
Retina Reflex S, III, and IV cameras.  Lenses are prime lenses, designed for
this camera, and are NOT the inferior adaptor-type lenses used with the
Retina IIIc/IIIC and original Retina Reflex.  Lens condition is generally
good, with some evidence of wipe marks.  I have used all these lenses and
was quite pleased with the results, particularly from the 85mm.

 The camera uses a built-in Compur shutter.  No more curtain burn-through
problems!

 Camera condition is good, with a few inconsequential nicks (and remains of
a white sticker on the back, which has not been removed fully).  It operates
properly; shutter speeds seem to be on target.  Meter is still alive.  Only
concern is the interlock on the aperture/shutter speed system, which needs
adjustment.  That is not an uncommon problem with these cameras.  I would
recommend a CLA if you intend to use this regularly.  However, it is
functional as it is.

 SOME plastic bubbles come with the lenses.  The fairly scarce 200mm lens
has its own leather case.  I am not sure if the 200 couples to the
rangefinder; there is no 200mm window.  I will also include a deceased
Retina Reflex S camera with the outfit, for either repair or paperweight
service.  I also have some miscellaneous filters and literature, and an
aftermarket 2x tele-extender.

 Price for the entire outfit is $500, and includes standard delivery
anywhere in the United States.  I would much rather sell this equipment
directly to someone in the Leica/Rangefinder hobby, rather than posting it
to You Know Where.  I WILL NOT SEPARATE THESE ITEMS.  Will also trade for
Leitz Summicron 90 in excellent shape, or LTM Nikor 105/2.5 with the 105
finder.

Contact me offline with any questions.  Jim Shulman

Garcia@chesco.com