Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 00:01:54 -0600

From: "Larry Fuller"

> Okay, I'm relatively new - to photography and LUG,   but what does PAW
> stand for?
>
> Bo

The Picture A Week project or PAW was begun by Kyle Cassidy.  It is an attempt to get
ourselves out taking photos, instead of typing about it all the time.  We take
pictures, and pick the one we like the best, post it on a website, and invite others
to look at the picture and comment.  Most of the people who do it are not
professional photographers, though some of us have been in the past.

Kyle's  page http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/leicaslacker/paw/ lists these
guidelines:

1 photo a week posted on Mondays (or thereabouts) gives you the weekend to print and
scan.

Each photo taken during the previous week (it's pointless to showcase your old photos
in this format).

Post to the LUG when your page is updated. Hopefully this will shame the rest of them
into taking photos instead of bickering about a) Billington bags, b) rangefinder
flare, c) lens hoods d) "is there really a mint +", e) "could salago beat capra in a
fair fight?" f) vintage straps, etc.

There's a list of participants at:
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/paw/2001/who.html

A few others who post regularly but are not on the list will post a notice on the
LUG, usually at the first of the week.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sonny