Subject: [Leica] OT: Tetenal COLORTEC C-41 and tank processing
From: "Bob Parsons" <bobp@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 23:59:40 -0000

I'd like to use this process for one shot development in tanks with
inversion agitation for Fuji 800 and Portra 800.

The instructions for the 5 litre kit say it has been designed for optimal
development using rotary processors. Does anyone know the times/temperatures
and agitation routine for use with non rotary tanks. I think Kodak C-41
flexicolor kits used to recommend one invertion cycle (invert and return to
upright) every 3 secs as being equivalent to rotary processing.

Also, the instructions state the first step is "Pre-heat the developer
can" for 5 mins. It's not clear if this is a water presoak of the film
or tempering of the drum in a water bath with the film dry?

Has anyone had good results with this kit using manual processing?

Thanks.

Bob Parsons, bobp@dodo.demon.co.uk